Lovers and owners of the dogs always take great care to groom their pets in every way. But grooming your pets, especially dog, is not just about cleanliness. Grooming your dog also involves a way to spend quality time with them. It is also your duty to keep them healthy, fit and make them feel loved. It is a little bit tricky to find the best dog shampoo for your pet if he has sensitive skin.
Why is it so difficult? There are certain reasons behind this. You must shampoos which will not cause hot spots, itching as well as irritation. For this purpose, there are a number of brands that offer gentle shampoos for dogs. As for most of people, dogs are just like their family members. Therefore, they need to be washed occasionally, in order to keep their skin healthy. Almost every dog has a different kind of skin, therefore, you must consider a few things before choosing the best dog shampoo.
Reasons for Using Dog Shampoo
It is not a healthy and good idea to use human products like shampoos and conditioners for your pets like a dog. It is possible that these products may not harm their skin but frequent use of these products may harm them a lot. As human products are not favorable for their skins at all. Therefore, there are major 2 reasons to avoid using human shampoo on your dogs.
It is interesting to know that the skin of the dogs is much more sensitive than that of humans. This is because the skins have only 3-5 layers while a human has about 10-15 layers. It is a best and advantage for human skin that they can bear harsh chemicals as well as products. On the other hand, your dog will be more easily irritated. So, this type of irritation may lead them to scratch, dryness, and abrasions.
Skin pH Levels
As the human shampoos are basically more acidic to clean human skin than that of the dog’s skin. The pH level of human shampoo is somewhere between 5.2 and 6.2 while dog’s shampoo has skin pH level up to 7.5. So, the use of such acidic products may break down their skin mantle. This also makes their skin vulnerable to parasites and bacteria. Therefore, it is important for your dogs to use the best dog shampoo for them, in order to keep them healthy and smart.
How to Bathe your Dog?
It is a matter of great concern for the owners to bathe their dogs in the right way. You can get the best results with a little bit of planning as well. Here are a few useful tips for you to bathe your dog in the right way.
- You must brush your dog to remove any debris as well tangles caught in their hairs before bathing
- It is a matter of good behavior for you to assemble all the products in ready to use form. In short, prepare the room for bath time.
- Before bath, you must remove the collar as well as the lead of your dog in a proper way.
- To keep your dog comfortable in the water, you must use lukewarm water.
- You should introduce him to water very slowly, therefore, this allows them to get used to the sensation.
- Also, use soft and pet-friendly material. This means that use a soft brush in the direction of hair growth
- Keep introducing your dog with the water till whole shampoo and conditioner washed out
Here we are going to explain you the list of best dog shampoo which is optimal for their skins.
Earthbath All Natural Shampoo
Earthbath is one of the most prominent brands as they are able to provide natural care products for dogs. They have intelligently formulated this product to clean effectively dirty dogs. Moreover, they don’t include any kind of soap in the shampoo, therefore, there is no irritation for your pets. On the other hand, there is no inclusion of phosphates, synthetic dyes, parabens, enzymes, and perfumes. There is the best combination of Aloe Vera, Vitamins A, B, D as well as E.
- Made with natural ingredients
- No soap or other irritated material
- Lathers very easily
- Vanilla as well as almond extracts
- Not the best choice for seriously smelly or dirty dogs because they just need more than this
Wahl Oatmeal Shampoo
Another best name in the production of best dog shampoo, Wahl has a fair name in the global market. As depending on the needs and preferences, they have certain formulations as well as scents. The whole shampoo is totally made of natural ingredients. The product includes coconut, lemon, lime, aloe vera, and oatmeal. Therefore, the shampoo is able to restore the most amount of moisture to the dog’s skin. Moreover, it has no harsh chemical as well.
- Safe and gentle shampoo because of the use of soothing ingredients
- Best for the dry skin
- A small amount is needed because it is a little bit concentrated
- Available in a variety of scents and fragrances
- Scents are too much strong for some users
- May cause allergy to some dogs
You May Also Like Complete Guide for Best Eye Drops for Dogs
BarkLogic Lemon Tree Natural Deodorizing Shampoo
The shampoo is also all-natural because it is completely made of plant-derived material. Beautifully comes with the serious odors with its natural deodorizing qualities as well as a refreshing scent. Manufacturers also provide 100% guaranteed natural ingredients. More important, it is also free of PEG, Gluten, sulfates, artificial colors, DEA, artificial fragrances, and dyes. As all these things can cause serious irritations, therefore, it is the best dog shampoo.
- Able to dissolve debris and dirt from the coat of your dog
- Best suited for vegans
- Easy to work into a rich lather
- Made in the USA
- Free of bad odor
- The lemon scent is very subtle, therefore, you may repeat the shampooing once or twice
Synergy Veterinary Formula Triple Strength Dirty Dog Shampoo
The brand provides the world with a lot of popular and luxurious dog shampoos. Some of these shampoos come with excellent qualities of deodorizing. The shampoo has seriously heavy-duty action on the dirty or smelly dogs. It doesn’t include any kind of hard material or chemical. Includes a variety of foaming agents, DMDM hydantoin, glycerin, and many other fragrances. For the protection of your dog’s skin, it has a large quantity of aloe vera, Vitamin E, wheat protein, and shea butter. Therefore, it is the best dog shampoo for your dog.
- Dirt Repel formula
- Beautiful fragrances, including ten perfumes
- Enriched with aloe vera, wheat protein as well as Vitamin E
- Much concentrated, so little goes a long way
- The fresh smell may not long-lasting for some of the smelly dogs
Vet’s Best Hypoallergenic Shampoo with Aloe Vera
The brand has formulated a good valued shampoo for the ideal usage of your dog. It is a perfect choice for all the dogs with allergies as well as sensitive skin. Consist of ‘no more tears’ material, it is also able to restore moisture to the coats of your dog. It is made of a variety of ingredients but the main ingredients are including Aloe Vera, Panthenol, Allantoin and Vitamin E. Therefore, it is the best dog shampoo and first choice of every dog lover.
- Hypoallergenic, therefore, re-moisturize the dry skin
- No soap in the shampoo
- Has no effect on tick treatment you may have applied
- So much smoothing
- Quite difficult to work with this shampoo into a lather because of runnier texture
- No scent added in the shampoo
Earthbath All Natural Oatmeal and Aloe Conditioner
It a perfect material for your dog to use this after a good wash with the Earthbath shampoo. Highly recommended by the veterinarian because there is no inclusion of any synthetic or artificial ingredient in it. Its ingredients are consist of colloidal oatmeal, vegetables, purified water, organic shea butter, and aloe vera. So, you can use this product for a long interval of time for the best health clean of your pet.
- Concentrated, so little goes a long way
- Doesn’t wash off topical flea
- Best to moisturize dry skin
- Works with all types of hair conditions
- It can irritate if goes into the eyes of your dog
Related Post Full Guide for Best Dog Bandanas
Oxgord Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
Comes in 2-in-1 shampoo as well as the conditioner. It is the most popular and best dog shampoo brand in the market. The popularity of the shampoo is due to its natural formulation. It has a positive effect on the dry skin and coat of your dog. On the other hand, it only includes natural ingredients such as coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba, and rosemary. So, there is no paraben, just the natural foaming agents.
- Made of high-quality as well as natural ingredients
- No soap in this product at all
- Works into a lather as well
- Best suited for dry and itchy skins
- Manufactured in the USA
- Much expensive as compared to others in the list
- The fragrance is very subtle
Earthbath All Natural Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner
Last but not least, this is the best ever shampoo from the brand. The brand is just famous for the production of natural products for pets. Proudly made of purified water with the combination of natural cleansers and conditioners. Main ingredients for this product are including glycerin, mango essence, Vitamins A, B, D and E. There is nothing of artificial perfumes, dyes, enzymes, DEA, or gluten. Therefore, there is no doubt that it is the best dog shampoo.
- Mango essence
- Won’t affect any topical flea treatments
- Soften material
- Made of totally natural material
- The packaging is 100% biodegradable
- Not specialized to deal with specific skin
So, here we have our recommendations for the best dog shampoo. As there hundreds or maybe thousands of options are available in the market, some are really good while some are bad. But you have to choose well according to the true needs of your dog. So, there is a wide difference between human and pet’s product.
We hope that you will like this article and our recommendations for the best dog shampoo and conditioner. If you like this, then, share with your friends and comment below in the comment section.